ATS technical seminar on asset maintenance impresses utilities from Jordan
- Close to fifty attendees from the maintenance departments of the major utilities and heavy industries of Jordan and Palestine attended a technical seminar conducted by alfanar Technical Services at the Amman Rotana on April 10th in Amman, Jordan.
- Titled the “Benefits of Asset Maintenance of Static and Rotary Equipment”, the seminar was successful in providing technical knowledge on the best practices and current trends in the equipment re-engineering industry.
- The seminar covered the three integral assets in utility and heavy industry facilities, ATS experts detailed the importance of Life Assessment for Transformers and Generators, and the trends in HV coil design for rotary equipment.
- Expert advice was presented through a paper titled “Effects of copper corrosion on Transformers” which despite not being part of the seminar agenda was provided because of increased requests for information and technical details regarding the problems faced by many utility companies on the subject.
- Considering the positive response received from the various utilities for the seminar, ATS plans to conduct similar seminars in countries where utilities face challenges in receiving expert advice and support for the repair and rewinding of static and rotary equipment.
ATS’ participation in Elecrama 2018 opens new avenues to the Indian market
- alfanar Engineering Services’ vision of exploring new opportunities and avenues gained momentum through its’ participation at the Elecrama 2018 exhibition held March 10th – 14th March at the India Expo Mart in Greater Noida, India.
- As the flagship showcase of the Indian Electrical Industry Ecosystem, Elecrama is one of the largest congregations of peers from the power sector around the globe.
- The ATS stand attracted large numbers of companies from the Indian market who were interested to learn about the services that ATS provides, including the repair and rewinding, testing and commissioning, operation and maintenance services, and several companies were keen to partner with AT&C for projects both in and out of the country.
- This 5-day show provided a platform for new business initiatives wherein a host of business opportunities were discussed with leading manufacturers of rotating and static equipment as well as its accessories. Elecrama 2018 was marked by the attendance of more than 100,000 industry peers who came to witness the latest technologies in the energy industry.
ATS facility in Jubail impresses the delegation from MEW, Kuwait
- As the leader in the repair and rewinding of static and rotary machines in the region with the state-of-the-art test facility infrastructure, alfanar Technical Services facility in Jubail recently hosted a delegation from the Ministry of Electricity & Water, Kuwait.
- The delegation from MEW were part of a visit to technically evaluate the ATS facility in Jubail and was headed by Mr. Ayed Al Mutairi, Station Head, Ministry of Electricity & Water. The delegation was welcomed by Mr. Amer Al Ajmi, General Manager- Engineering Services along with the various ATS department heads.
- During the welcome honors, Mr. Amer suggested the prominence the company had achieved in the various technical advancements made in the repair and rewinding of the static and rotary equipment like transformers, motors and generators and further mentioned on the accolades the company had received from various Utilities in the region for the capability and capacity of ATS as well as the strategic location of the Jubail facility.
- Sitting through the various presentations including the corporate video and the department presentations, the delegation where taken on a tour of the motor, generator and transformer facility in addition to the coil and conductor manufacturing facilities. Further, live demo was made on the various processes including the Coil manufacturing, Vacuum Pressure Impregnation (VPI) and Vapor Phase Drying (VPD) ovens.
- Impressed by the technical advantage and the quality of service provided, MEW thanked the alfanar and ATS management for hosting the MEW delegates and to further recommended the team to extend the world class services to the various MEW plants.
alfanar technical services bags the European Award for Best Practices 2014 in Belgium
- The European Society for Quality Research (ESQR) recently awarded alfanar technical services with the European Award for Best Practices 2014 at an event conducted on June 1 in Brussels, Belgium. Mr. Wael El Akkawi, General Manager- Service Business Units received the award.
- The international award comes as recognition to the best practices followed in its factory that are par to the international quality standards.
- The European Society for Quality Research, with Head Office in Lausanne (Switzerland), promotes quality awareness, recognizes good business practices, technological innovation, quality achievements in organizations worldwide, and publicizes these organizations’ successful performance strategies.
- It is worth mentioning that in 2013, ATS received the World Quality Commitment International Star Award in Paris
ATS receives the stamp of ‘reliable maintenance partner’ from Ibn Rushd, a SABIC affiliate.
- In a recently organized “IR Reliability Campaign & Exhibition” by IBN RUSHD, a SABIC affiliate, alfanar Construction and alfanar technical services (ATS) were highly appreciated for its continuous support to the company in providing reliable maintenance services as well as ATS’s support in attaining IBN RUSHD’s maintenance KPI’s.
- The “Reliability Culture Campaign” was aimed to encourage and foster the principle of reliability throughout the organization and providing a platform for professionals to share their innovative efforts and success stories that would add value to IBN RUSHD employees and its business
- Considering the continuous support extended to the company in providing maintenance solutions for their several critical equipment as and when required and without any production loss, ATS was one of the very few companies invited by IBN RUSHD to this event.
- In the recent past, ATS has received a similar level of appreciation from the various affiliates of SABIC as well as from other companies such as Saudi Aramco, to name a few.
ATS receives the much coveted World Quality Commitment International Star Award 2013 in Paris
- alfanar technical services (ATS), a strategic business unit of alfanar, located in Jubail, is internationally recognized with the World Quality Commitment International Star Award, an award presented to the outstanding companies, organizations, and businessmen in the business world. The award was presented at the 27th World Quality Commitment Convention held in Paris on the 27th of October, 2013.
- The Ceremony was attended by companies from 74 countries, together with leaders from different business fields, professionals from the worlds of economics, the arts and corporate image, quality experts, as well as academic personalities and representatives from the diplomatic corps.
- The Business Initiative Directions (B.I.D) which organizes the event, is a leading organization awarding companies worldwide in different industries based on their excellence, innovation, customer satisfaction, technology, leadership, strategic planning and business results.
- The World Quality Commitment Award in the Gold Category was awarded to alfanar technical services on the basis of a voting process carried out among all the participating previous awardees. Mr. Wael El Akkawi, General Manager of Service Business Units received the honor on behalf of ATS.
SABIC affiliates appreciate ATS for its role in “Turnaround Maintenance”
- Saudi Petrochemical Co. (SADAF) and SAUDI KAYAN Petrochemical Co., affiliates of Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC), the largest non-oil company in Saudi Arabia, planned their annual “Turnaround Maintenance” during May – June 2013.
- The aim of this project was to carry out periodic preventive and corrective maintenance of major static and rotating equipment to increase equipment asset reliability and production integrity.
- alfanar technical services (ATS) played a key role in this Turnaround Maintenance by providing engineering services for repair and maintenance of Motors & Transformers and executed all the planned activities in an efficient manner within the time frame.
- At SADAF, the Transformer division, engaged in various activities at the sites and factory, including the rewinding and overhauling of transformers as well as the onsite services for power transformers.
- At SAUDI KAYAN, the Motor division carried out major onsite repair works such as Electro Mechanical inspection and oil leakage analysis. As the plant is heavily dependent on the motor for its production, ATS team was taken on board as a major partner to be of assistance for the complete analysis.
- Considering the exemplary efforts of ATS during the Turnaround of SADAF and Saudi Kayan, the SABIC authorities honored ATS with individual appreciation letters expressing their gratitude.
Motors division successfully rewinds the rotor of 11000HP Synchronous Induction Motor for ARAMCO MSSD
- The Motor division of alfanar technical services recently received accolades from Aramco’s Mechanical Services Shop Department (MSSD) which did the no load test run and found to be working satisfactorily.
- The rotor which was initially planned by the client to be sent outside the country for servicing was consequently sent to ATS’s Motor division where the rotor was rewound in its coil shop. This has enormously saved the client cost as well as time.
Magnet Wire division enhances production capacity
- The Magnet Wires division has recently commissioned two modern enameling plants at its facility in Jubail. The addition of these will enhance the production capacity of enameled round copper wire by 200 tonnes.
ATS exhibits at the Middle East Electricity Conference and Exhibition 2013 in Dubai, UAE
- Middle East Electricity event, the largest platform for industry professionals from over 100 countries worldwide.
ATS Exhibits at Power-Gen Middle East 2013 in Doha, Qatar
- Featuring the world’s largest industry exhibit floor with more than 135 exhibiting companies from around the world.
Commissioning of Transformer test lab at the ATS facility in Jubail
- The Transformer test lab of ATS has been designed to perform all routine tests on transformers upto 200 MVA, 230kV class.
- The Laboratory is equipped with the most modern testing instruments.
- It has Voltage Regulators, Specially Designed High Frequency generators, Testing Transformers, Capacitor banks, single phase transformers, Various Instrument Transformers and Loss measuring system and other testing instruments for carrying out all routine tests on the Transformer as per IEC Standards.
- There are latest testing instruments like Sweep Frequency Analyzer and Dielectric Frequency response analyzer, for performing life assessment studies on Power transformers
Up grading facility by installing and Commissioning of VPD oven for Transformer, RBD and Enameling plant for conductor Div.
- ATS continuously invests in the latest equipment for the finest process and testing requirements on a regular basis. Our latest addition of fully integrated VPD Plant, which is first of its kind in the Middle East region, ensures the optimum extraction of sludge/moisture process from active part of power transformers of capacity upto 200MVA.
- Another addition is the RBD Machine and High Speed Catalytic automatic enamelling plant for the Conductor division to ensure the best in quality and production of conductors.
May: ATS exhibits at the WE Power event in Dammam
- The 7th international water, electricity and power generation conference and exhibition returns to Dammam, Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia in May 2011. 2010 was held under the patronage of the Ministry of Water & Electricity to great success and was officially inaugurated by the Deputy Minister for Electricity H.E Saleh Bin Hussein Al Awaji.
- As a solution provider for servicing equipment for water and power industry, the stand attracted a stream of visitors.
June: Workshop and live demo on the latest technologies!
- A workshop and live demo on the latest technologies in transformer life assessment studies and techniques in transformer testing was conducted at the ATS facilities on June 1.
- With more than 60 Engineers representing several utility companies attend the technical seminar that aimed to provide a chance to witness the physic of drying transformer core and coil assembly using the biggest and latest VPD in the Middle East.
- The attendees were taken for a factory tour, where they witnessed some of the latest equipment like the VPD Oven, Test Labs and other latest machineries.
Rewinding & dispatching of 125MVA power Transformer to SEC PP7 Riyadh
- alfanar technical services dispatched the 125 MVA, 132kV/13.1kV-13.1kV, Generator Transformer after a complete in-house rewinding, using CTC conductors.
- The core of the Generator transformer equipment was re-staggered and reinsulated.
- All the 3 windings and 3 phases were rewound in-house and the unit was tested in-house for all routine tests at the fully equipped Transformer Test lab of ATS.
- The Testing was witnessed by SEC representatives and the unit was dispatched to site on 16th of July 2011 to SEC PP7 in Riyadh. The unit has been erected and commissioned at site on August 2011.
Seminar focusing on the solutions provided in power and industrial rotating and static equipment!
- ATS conducted a free one day seminar on September 25th aimed at providing a firsthand knowledge on the repair and rehabilitation of turbine and generator equipment.
- Delegates representing several power and industrial companies numbering close to 50 attended the seminar which also included a factory tour.
- A whole range on interesting and education topics was provided including the solutions for the power generation equipment, the repair, rewind and service of motors and generators.
- The comprehensive workshop also featured the manufacturing process of conductors and coils.
Yet another privilege for ATS!
- ATS has achieved yet another milestone by being the only facility to successfully complete the entire rewinding and testing of a 200MVA transformer in the whole of Middle East!
- The completely assembled unit was tested for all the routine tests as per the IEC 60076 standard, at the state of the art ATS Transformer Test lab, in presence of Saudi Electricity Company representatives.
- A feat achievable because of its state of the art facility and highly qualified and dedicated staff, ATS also has the accolade of being the first in the region to have serviced 125MVA as well as 100 MVA transformers!